I have been working on our den for quite some time. It’s a tricky little attic room that’s pretty small and needs to have multiple functions. Mostly trying to figure out night stand, hence my shelf hanging hack ! My husband uses this room for his office, a place to watch the game when the kids are on the big screen, and a get away room to tie flies for his weekend fishing trips.
This room also functions as a guestroom and the room where my College age son sleeps when he’s here for the weekend. just look at that tight squeeze I cant even make the bed. I talk about memory decor HERE as you can see thats how we decorate.
We have a full bed in this room and cannot quite fit a nightstand in this little Cove. We thought using the bookcase would be a good idea, but it’s hard to make the bed and the bottom two shelves are non functional. We’re in the market for a queen size bed so we thought maybe putting Homely shelves on the wall would be the perfect solution. These little book ledges are perfect for this Space. There’s just enough room to have your phone charger, a spot for your rings, and a small glass of water. It also adds a bit of charm by using one of the ledges to layer photographs and other fun memory things.
2. They come with a template to get the screws in the wall in the right place, but using a large piece of painters tape on the back of the shelf was so much easier
3. If you are using these shelves in a kids room please sand them up a bit. They are very rustic farmhouse and not very smooth so little fingers might get a sliver.
4. Put a piece of painters tape on the back of the shelve and poke a hole where the screw needs to be attached to the wall. best shelf hanging hack I’ve ever learned!
5. Take the tape off and place on the wall making sure it is level. Then drill a molly bolt and screw into the wall where your punched holes are.
6. Hang your shelves. Yup its that’s easy!!
If you have a tight space think outside the box. Using a larger shelf would not be practical when we upgrade to a queen size bed. These little Homely ledges were easy to install, with my shelf hanging hack it took me about 1/2 hr. start to finish you can find the video on my Instagram here.
If you need some homely shelves or any of their organizing hooks you can find them on Amazon HERE . Love that I can order from my backyard lounge chair, wait a day or two and have it delivered to my door!! Make doing DIY projects so easy!!