BB Frosch is a new to me product. I saw it on Instagram and was instantly in love!! I have used Annie Sloane paint for the last few years and i love her chalk paint, but…… she only has her colors and its pricey!! With BB Frosch you can use your own paint and just add the chalk mix in. Brilliant I know. So lets get on with this tutorial of how to make you own Trinket tray for your guy.
2. Paint the edges of the tray the color you want. I went with a light gray color and I did have to use about three coats to get it too cover how i wanted it too. ( the package will tell you how much to mix into your paint, I’m thinking I didn’t mix enough)
3. Cut out your stencil from your silhouette cutting machine or use an exact-o knife, so that you can get a great word or phrase to put in the bottom of the tray.
4. place the vinyl to the bottom of the tray.
5. paint the fabulous BB Frosch chalk paint over the stencil. Immediately take off the stencil.
6. cute right? I sanded mine a bit to make it more rustic but you don’t need too. Now your going to want to seal it with the wax finish so that it will stay nice and smooth. I used the wax that comes with BB Frosch’s paint. I just wiped it on with an old rag. Done. I love that on Studio 5 Brooke Walker said “is this so he know’s where his keys are?” LOL the real reason behind Drive is that its his word of the year. But yes we do use it for our keys so its a win win! What ever the meaning its still a fun place to put your loose change and chap-stick and keys at the end of the day.
P.S. the reason why i wanted to try this paint was to repaint my piano. I didn’t have enough ‘mix in’ so I’ll have to get more but hello what a fun fall project right? Piano here i come!