5 Sustainable Swaps to Make in 2019
On my journey to creating a healthier home, I’ve learned that living sustainably is all about making small changes. Seemingly insignificant actions — like bringing your own bags to the store — add up quickly. One of the easiest swaps I’ve made is using Grove Collaborative. Grove makes it almost too easy to live a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle.
Grove ships your favorite green household products (carbon offset) to your doorstep, on your schedule. There’s no fee to join — you only pay for the products you buy (and the prices are always lower than my local grocery store). This post is sponsored by Grove but all opinions are my own.
There’s never been a better time to try Grove Collaborative. Right now, when you place your first order of $20 from Grove using my link Glitzy pear for Grove, you’ll receive
- Grove Concentrates (Pack of 3)
- Grove Spray Bottle
- Grove Matte Caddy
- Grove Walnut Scrubber Sponges
If you already use Grove like me you will get free walnut scrubies with your next order.
When you shop Grove, you’ll find lots of better-for-you versions of the products you use every day. Here are five sustainable swaps I’m making in the New Year:
- Refillable hand soap: Hand soap refills are an easy way to save money and reduce plastic waste. Instead of a single-use dispenser that you toss after a few weeks, you can refill this glass dispenser year after year. Grove’s hand soap pouches use 60% less plastic than a bottle of the same size and contain approximately 3 refills.
- Refillable dish soap: I’ve always loathed the plastic bottle of dish soap sitting on the counter, but haven’t been able to find an alternative until now. Grove’s refillable dish soap dispenser looks great sitting next to the sink while helping me cut back on single-use plastic.
- Seedling paper: Instead of vowing never to use paper towels again, I’m making the switch to Grove’s new tree-free paper towels. They’re made from bamboo pulp, which can hold 3x its weight in water! Switching to Seedling paper towels, toilet paper, and tissues is an easy way to protect the environment without compromising on effectiveness.
- wool dryer balls: This was my favorite swap last year. I’ve enjoyed these dryer balls so much. I love that I can custom mix the sent that I want on my clothes with Groves essential oil drops. I feel like my clothes are less wrinkly as well, and the lest ironing I have to do the better.
- Cleaning concentrates: Not only are clunky bottles of cleaner a pain to carry in from the car, but they also create so much plastic trash. Grove Collaborative’s cleaning concentrates deliver the same cleaning power I’m used to, minus the waste! Plus, the glass bottle is so much prettier than the typical plastic ones. I have a blue for windows and gray for all-purpose cleaning.
Bonus tip: Once you’ve submitted your Grove order, you’ll be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, save even more with free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales, and personal service. And if you spend $39, you’ll also receive a beautiful stoneware tray for free!