It’s Time to get Spring cleaning! All you need is the motivation to start, once you begin I promise you’ll gain momentum and get the main parts of your home clean. Let’s start by breaking up the tough jobs and make sure you celebrate your efforts as you accomplish each task along the way! may I suggest a big 32oz soda drink, coffee, or energy drink?
3. Next Declutter. One of the best ways to make your home feel fresh and clean is to declutter all the unwanted, old, broken, things. Have every family member start their individual rooms. Then work together and go through the shared living spaces to make all the things that stay, beautiful and useful. This might take a little motivation but I promise the less you have to clean and take care of the easier your life will be.
4. What to use When spring cleaning I like using an all-purpose cleaner. I get mine from Amazon I love the pink stuff. I go room to room to wash the door jams and walls, window ceils, cupboards and base boards. One cleaner one rag and it makes it pretty simple.
5. Floors. I love to have my floors cleaned professionally every other year. in-between I like to mop all the floors in my home. I use baking soda and water to scrub all the tough stains on my hardwood and tile floors. I also love Aunt Fannies floor cleaner again a great Amazon find. I vacuum my whole home and use the hose to get in all the corners and under furniture. sometimes sucking cobwebs from the corners of the room. NO judging.
6. Natural Light. Natural light brings life into your home. It makes sense to wash those windows, dust those light bulbs. Make sure your blinds and drapes are clean and dusted. I like to keep windows clean inside and out so now might be the time to hire a window cleaner. If you are local to Utah I love Clear Glass window cleaning they have done a great job for me.
7. Garage and Shed, This spring cleaning task is a big one and might take a weekend. But getting it in shape before summer will make a huge difference, and it’s cooler in spring so theirs that. Think about installing some pegboards, shelves or cabinets for storage, it can change the whole look of your garage. If that’s not in the cards this year, then try this. Take out all the things you need to get rid of, sweep and clean the floors. Get a few things into garage bins with labels to make finding the car, garden or painting supplies a breeze.
8. Bring the outdoors in. Purchase your favorite fresh flowers or cut some from your garden, a new house plant or a bowl of lemons! simple things are often the best!
Cant wait to take a few days to get my home ready for the summer! follow me over on my Instagram account @theglitzypear for more organizing and staging projects.