Oh let the fun begin. I loved this part the making of the giant tissue paper flowers! I get to watch a lot of TV so I feel like the time I spent making these beauties was a great time to catch up on my Netflix binge watching.
1. first take about 6 sheets of tissue paper, fold in half and clip together. I found the best source for tissue paper was Amazon, My craft store only had the kind that was folded up and you shove into a party bag, and that my friends wont work! If you are making lots of giant tissue paper flowers I suggest you buy it in bulk! LOL
3. Open up the folded piece of tissue and then gather in the middle to form a bow tie shape. Cute right?
4. Next you will want to fold that petal in half and squish the bottom no need to make it look nice it will just be covered up by other petals and a ton of glue.
5. I used a 3 inch punched piece of card stock to be the base and back of my giant tissue paper flower. I just put a dab of glue on the edge of the card stock and stuck the tissue petals on.
6. I discovered after making about 4 flowers that I was making my flowers fuller than the directions of the blog I was following (Design sponge) so I needed to make them stick together better. I did this by being very messy and generous with the glue gun. when you are over laping your petals make sure the middle of the petals are glued as well to the ones below them and not just in the center.
7. glue about 6 of the large scallops around the center.
8. Again be messy with the glue gun. Make sure that the flower petals will not pop out like an accordion by gluing everything together and pressing down after you glue each giant tissue paper flower petal.
making the center
9. There are only a million ways to give your flower a center. this is the hardest one I tried but also the prettiest so I just had to show you how I did this. I started by folding a piece of 12 wide tissue paper in over and over till its about three inches. like a skinny tube.
10. I then cut the long tube into two inch sections. It will depend on how long your tissue paper was to determin how many you will get. just make sure that when you are rolling your tube you roll so that when you cut your 2 inch pieces they will be 12 inch long.
11. Open up the strips and cut in half, so that now you have lots of 6 inch long 2 wide pieces of tissue.
12. Pinch and twist the center of the 6 inch pieces two times.
13. Then fold in half and cut the bottom to the size you need. You might need to fluff a few of the petals out.
14 glue glue glue into the center of the flower. As many as you would like.
15 fold cardstock in half and fringe with scissors. I like to use my Martha Stewart scissors.
16. Cut into a four inch piece and roll up. Glue together.
18. glue the fringed roll into the center of the flower.
To attach the flower to the giant bendable stem I glued a 20 inch piece of ribbon to the back of the round of card stock, and then tied the flower to the stem. Done and Done. I still need to make the leaves but that’s another day.
Just had to take a few photos of my cute neighbor girl and my boy standing by the giant flowers. These could be so cute for showers and wedding. and I will be using them this May for a few weddings I’ll post photos of the events then.
You just saved my life! Inwas ABOUT to purchase some expensive paper! ? THANK you tons!
[…] tissue paper flowers […]